Reading Time: 2 minutes
The Prospector is the blog of the Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute (LKI). We welcome new and established voices to submit op-eds on issues of international relations. Please see the guidelines below.
Guest authors are advised to first email a brief ‘pitch’ of their proposed op-ed to the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org . All pitches should include:
- A short bio of the author (please include your recent publications, current research and websites).
- An 2-3 sentence summary of the op-ed and specifically, of its main argument or point.
- For useful guidance on writing an op-ed, see these Tips for Aspiring Op-Ed Writers .
WORD COUNT AND FORMAT
- Submissions should be 600-1000 words, inclusive of any endnotes (which are not required).
- Please limit visuals (e.g. graphs) to 2 items, and indicate the source and last date it was accessed.
- The document should be single spaced, using Times New Roman font, in 12 pt size.
REVIEW AND EDITORIAL PROCESS
- The editors may take up to 7 days to review your submission, and reserve the right to amend or not publish it.
- If you are concurrently submitting the op-ed to another outlet, please state this when initially submitting it to The Prospector, and inform the editors as soon as possible if you wish to withdraw your submission (e.g. because it has been published elsewhere).
The Prospector uses a Creative Commons licence. Articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported Licence.
The licence allows all op-eds and comments posted on The Prospector to be redistributed without any further permission being sought or obtained, provided the following conditions are met:
- The redistribution is for non-commercial purposes
- The original author of the work is credited
- The Prospector and LKI are credited; for example, with the words, “This article originally appeared in The Prospector, the blog of the Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute.”
- If redistributed online, a link is included to the original instance of the work on The Prospector
- The work is not altered when redistributed.
To read the legal code, click here .
The Creative Commons licence only applies to original work on The Prospector and does not cover material cross-posted from another source with permission. To republish such work, please contact the original source of the article. All cross-posts are indicated as such with a line at the end of the article.
To redistribute for commercial purposes, please contact the editors in advance at email@example.com .